Tampa, FL (August 2, 2008) - Learning is For Everyone (LIFE), Inc. is a not-for-profit education resource organization supporting family choice in learning via broad based information resources, networking and support. Each year we hold a “festival of learning” bringing together a variety of community based learning resources to help introduce the general public to the wealth of local, cost effective learning opportunities available in our communities.
This year, our annual LIFE Fest Celebration of Learning conference will be held Saturday, September 20th at the
Lodging is available on the premises for $65/night. Call the
There will be a variety of vendors, an abundance of free materials, workshops, door prizes and raffles, and an educational children’s area with art and animals, all adding up to a full and exciting day that will offer ample opportunities to meet other home educators from around the state and to learn how to make the most of the homeschooling adventure.
Admission to LIFE Fest 2008 is a $10 donation per family at the door, or $8 prepaid through Network for Good via the LIFE website by August 20. Carpool discounts will be available the day of the event.
The current conference line-up includes:
- MOSI (Museum of Science & Industry) programs for youth;
Virtual School; Florida
- Home Education Foundation’s Brenda Dickinson;
- Great Explorations Children’s Art Activity Area;
- Hands On Planet Earth critters and insights with Doug Scull;
- Pinellas County Department of Environmental Management Water Atlas Website
- Tek 4 Tykes computer learning activities for kids;
- Language Playhouse language immersion workshop and activities;
- Demonstrations and information about FIRST robotics;
Camp Fire USA
- Kids Voting USA
; Brooker Creek Preserve & Weedon Island
- Boyd Hill Nature Preserve;
- Homeschool Ballroom Dance team performances;
- Round table discussions on running support groups, organizing cooperatives, getting ready for college, boosting homeschool self-esteem, and more;
- A burgeoning Information Buffet of free take home resources and materials;
- Door prizes from Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Barnes & Noble, Ringling Museum of Art, Lowry Park Zoo and vendors
And much, much more!
Learning is For Everyone, Inc. is a nonprofit 501 C(3) organization whose goal is to provide information resources on and off the web, and assistance through its activities in all aspects of education at all stages of life.
Learning is for Everyone, Inc.